Near brushes with "greatness" and truthiness
Wednesday could have been my greatest celebrity day ever. But the stars did not align my way. On my quest for sunglasses, one of places I considered going was the Time Warner Center, but the TWC being the upscale mall that it is, I figured anything I'd find there would be out of my price range. Pity, though, because it turned out that Britney Spears was shopping for shades at TWC that day.
It gets better, though, (or worse, depending on how you look at it). A friend of mine had an extra ticket for the taping of Wednesday night's Colbert Report. I, alas, could not go because two weeks ago I agreed to work overtime Wednesday. So I watched my recording of the show with special interest. And I became immediately bummed when he did a hilarious World Cup trash-talking bit with Alexi Lalas. See it here. I could not edit a soccer article all night without thinking about "Ghana-rea" and Ronaldo eating all the good Brazilian players. This may make me a bad person.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home